“Art and creativity are the soul’s medicines– what the soul uses to minister to itself, cure its maladies, and restore its vitality.” –Unknown
If you are an organization that has an interest in offering expressive-art (EA) healing programs to your clients and thinks that your clients could really benefit,
don’t have the time to do all the work involved in researching and writing up non-guaranteed funding proposals, plus the time and energy it takes to develop a program from scratch, consider training your staff or volunteers to use the ARToverMind EA curriculum. Although a focus on mental health is at the core of our curriculum, it is flexible and can be tweaked to suit your clients’ specific needs.
Did you know…
94% of our program participants, in a similar EA model that we ran throughout 3 years, reported that our program met their needs quite well to exceptionally well? Many of these participants also went on to incorporate art as a form of personal coping and empowerment after our program was over. Your clients can benefit from our knowledge and experience too!
So What Does My Staff Learn from this 2-Day Workshop?
- Overview of various forms of Depression & Anxiety to gain increased knowledge on what your clients may be experiencing specifically.
- An understanding of how expressive art based approaches are utilized in supporting healing processes and how to effectively link art activities to session topics.
- Familiarity with competencies and characteristics of effective peer facilitators.
- Increased self-awareness of own strengths and assets as peer facilitators and identify areas needing further development.
- Increased ability to manage challenges which may arise during the group process.
- How to facilitate the 8-week ArtOverMind program curriculum– Running through the entire program so your facilitators gain practical skills on how to apply their knowledge!
- A fun team building experience where staff have the opportunity to do the art themselves! REFERENCE AVAILABLE
**Please note that our participant program is focussed on clients who are 18-years-old or older. If you are an agency that offers services to children or youth specifically this training might not be appropriate for you. YOUTH CURRICULUM COMING SOON!
For further information contact artovermind (at) artovermind . (com)
or phone 416-574-0005.
- Free phone appointments for specific inquiries about training. Please note that if you want the Trainer to meet with you onsite to discuss there is a $40 consultation fee + the cost of mileage.
- General EA Consultation services are also available upon request
- ASIST Suicide Intervention Staff Training available. Please contact to inquire.