About Our Online Peer Facilitator Certification Webinar
We offer our Peer Expressive-Art Healing Reflection (PEER) Facilitator Online Certification Webinar throughout the year. In order to remain an active Peer Facilitator on our roster, you must facilitate at least one program per year.
Who we are looking for
- Either those already working or volunteering within a local community organization/group, or individuals who are driven to make a meaningful difference in their community by helping those who experience depression and mental health challenges
- Self-motivated people who are driven to build their own ARToverMind.com participant groups, whether they want to do this for-profit in their community, or non-profit with the support of an organization or group
- Those who are 18 years or older and able to relate to others who have experienced depression, while providing a safe and non-judgmental space where participants can progress through their healing at their own pace
- Creative individuals who are not necessarily trained artists as the focus of our program is on Process vs. Product
This training and opportunity may not be suitable for those who are
- currently going through crisis
- seeking an employment service
- seeking guaranteed hours from an employer
Webinar and What is required for Successful Certification
- Registered participants must attend the webinar. They may take notes if they choose and write any questions down they might have so they can ask the Trainer once the webinar if completed.
The key areas we will be covering in this Webinar include
- A closer look at Mental Health and the benefits of Peer Mentoring
- How to link art to healing
- Your role as a PEER Facilitator and how to lead your groups effectively
- How to put your PEER Facilitator knowledge into action with practical examples
- Overview of the PEER curriculum and how to use it.
- Advice on how to build and promote your groups
- General review and tips to your success in becoming a Peer Facilitator for us
- Upon completion of the webinar, participants must complete a short multiple choice quiz. Scores will be discussed 1:1 between the Trainer and participant to ensure that the participant is confident with the material.
- Once the quiz is completed, an PEER Facilitator ‘Understanding of Agreement Form’ is to be reviewed by the participant and signed in order to receive their Certificate and PEER Facilitator ID#
- Participants are also asked to complete an online evaluation to provide feedback on the training which helps us to continue to improve.
What comes next? How do you set out to achieve your objective as a PEER Facilitator with ARToverMind.com?
In terms of building your own groups, that is really up to you as we are looking for those who are self-motivated in nature. Whether you are looking to build your groups for profit, bring the groups into an already existing non-profit agency, church, educational institution (etc), or to simply gather a small group of individuals from your community who show an interest in gathering together for 8 weeks and doing this program–and are willing to pay for their part to cover the curriculum cost and materials– is up to you. Participant Curriculum Workbooks are required for each program.
We can support you with promoting our program by giving you feedback based on your needs at the time. The beauty about our program is that it is not specific to one group. The program is very flexible as depression does not discriminate, so the program can be catered and aligned to almost any group if there is a need for support.
In addition, our PEER Facilitators receive credit for every program they complete in order to achieve experience and seniority. Seniority not only gives you something to personally aim for as you build your skills and experience, but also gives you an advantage in terms of other potential opportunities with us.
Cost of Participant Workbooks
We supply mandatory participant workbooks for your groups in packages 10 books, 20 books and 30 books. Anything above that would be considered a special order with additional shipping fees applied. The approximate cost is $14.00 (USD) per participant workbook, which includes the participant’s program evaluation form and participant certificate. Shipping and applicable taxes not included.
To find out more, including how to register for training, contact email@example.com
Cost of workbooks are subject to change depending on production fees.