What does P.E.E.R. stand for?
- Peer Encouraged Expressive-Art Reflection
So do I get 8-weeks of training when I register?
- We have come across this misunderstanding a few times. If you know of a way we can make this even more clear, please contact us. We are happy to receive your suggestions. When you register for the Peer Facilitator Certification Webinar, you are registering for a 2-hour webinar in order to gain certification to facilitate our 8-week participant expressive-art healing program.
Why does my P.E.E.R. Facilitator Certificate expire in a year?
- Your certification usually expires one year after it is issued. This is to make sure that Peer Facilitators are actually running the program and gaining experience and skills. We want to make sure that facilitators are applying the knowledge that they’ve learned and are doing so in an achievable amount of time. This is not only for their benefit to build their confidence and skill set, but also because they are representing ARToverMind, and we want to make sure our programs are being delivered in a timely and consistent manner. Exceptions may apply.
If I register for training, how do I guarantee that I get paid?
- This certification training is for those who are entrepreneurial in spirit, but who want to give back to others as well, while continuing to build their own self-esteem, self-confidence and self-empowerment. ARToverMind does not guarantee that you will get paid for your services by taking the training. We simply offer you the knowledge, tools and support you need to get you started. We also do most of the administration work for you in terms of program evaluations, etc, to ensure that the program you are providing is constantly improving based on participant feedback. The more you put into networking and finding opportunities for your programs, the more you will get out of it. Bonus, you get the free ongoing support from an experienced trainer and facilitator.
Do I have to pay for the Participant Workbooks each time I run the program?
- Yes. The workbook goes part and parcel with the program and is required. You can order the workbooks in packages of 10, 20 or 30, and save on the shipping and handling. Please note that photocopying of this intellectual property is prohibited and can result in the revocation of a Peer Facilitator Certificate. There are plenty of ways to finance the purchase of Participant Workbooks, including having the organization you are facilitating for pay for them, and/or factoring that price into your clients’ registration cost.
Can’t you just contract me out to organizations as a facilitator instead of me having to run my own programs?
- No. It’s also not fair to other facilitators who have committed their time and energy to really getting out there and applying what they have learned. Also, this peer facilitation journey is all about building relationships between the facilitator and coach. It’s difficult for the peer coach to feel confident in contracting in facilitators to represent ARToverMind when there is no history of the facilitator running their own programs. The coach will always consider the amount of programs a facilitator has run (plus the evaluations) before referring a facilitator to an organization. We want to feel confident in the facilitators we send out to represent us.